Thank you for choosing Nuvo You to assist you in reaching your wellness goals. In order to provide IV Iron safely to our patients, we request you review and abide by the following guidelines. Please read ALL the following bullet points.
· Iron infusions are given in 1 liter of fluid and run over approximately 45-60 minutes.
· Prior to your first dose of IV Iron, we request you email a copy of your labs to email@example.com for our physician to review.
· It takes a minimum of 3-5 days after receiving IV Iron for your hemoglobin to start to increase, and about 10-14 days after each IV Iron infusion for it to have maximal effect. This is because IV Iron stimulates your body to create more Hemoglobin, which takes time.
o Increase in hemoglobin should typically be maintained for at least four weeks.
· After completing your infusion, we request you stay for an additional 30 minutes so we can monitor for any serious reactions.
o Overall rate of ANY reaction is typically less than 5%. Most reactions are mild. Mild reactions may include, but are not limited to hives, itching, and dizziness.
o Severe reactions can include, but are not limited to anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction) and syncope (passing out).
o The IV must remain in place while you are being monitored.
· It is difficult to predict how many infusions it will take to reach your goal. We cannot guarantee any certain increase in hemoglobin, and some people may see no effect.
· Due to some people experiencing severe dizziness after receiving IV Iron, NO driving or operating heavy machinery for 3 hours after receiving your IV Iron infusion. You must leave with an alternate driver or via rideshare (Uber or Lyft).
o If you prefer, we can also travel to you. Our travel fee is $75 with one day’s advance notice, or $125 for same-day Mobile IV Services.
· Serious reactions to IV Iron include allergic reaction, dizziness, and low blood pressure.
o If you have had an allergic or adverse reaction to IV Iron before, you cannot receive IV Iron with us.
· On days you are not receiving IV Iron, you should take some type of oral iron pills/liquid (we usually recommend Ferrous Gluconate) to continue to help increase your Hemoglobin. Do not take more iron than directed on the medication packaging.
The brand name of the IV Iron product we administer is Ferrlecit. We request you review the package insert at your convenience, which can be found here.
This information will be provided to you as a handout at the time of your appointment. These guidelines are in place with your best interest in mind. We appreciate your cooperation in this!